Friday, February 9, 2007

my odder self

someone said :

The notion that all transition take us adjacent to our fitting selves or
who we are to begin with seems counter-instinctual to me.
But so does quantum physics and the law of torts and calculus and algebra.
That doesn’t make it true, but it absolutely makes it probable.
Michaelangelo supposedly said he sculpted by starting with a piece of
marble and removing everything that wasn’t the statue.
Could we be doing the same thing as people? That certainly seems
probable. It is just as possible as us being the sum of the impact
of our choices and experiences on the genes our parents gave us.
Our bodies replace all of our cells every seven years.
On odder days, I hit myself with the multi verse theory of self.
At least that’s what I call it. Since the universe we inhabit is
branching in infinite directions every moment, each instant is a new
person. I like writing letters to my future self so I wouldn’t be
forgotten since that self would essentially be dead. Those
two perspectives are probably more literal than for what you are
looking, but that’s how I roll. -)

Good luck with the existential crisis: my odder self.

(Sunday, April 30, 2006)

No comments: